Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Waiting for Mr. Wu

Two years ago, U.S. Rep. David Wu came to my front door with the woman who is now my state senator to ask for my vote.

Even though it was in the middle of a Duck football game, I gave them credit for making the effort, even though I had no intention of supporting either. But among the arguments they made in their favor, Mr. Wu advocated in favor of a Democrat-led Congress because it wasn't healthy for the nation to have the legislative and executive branches controlled by the same party.

Fast forward to 2008. The Democrats control Congress, and will likely have bigger majorities in both chambers. Their candidate for president appears likely to win the White House.

In order to avoid a situation where the Democrats control both branches, I look forward to hearing that Mr. Wu is going to vote for John McCain.

Think it will happen?

Me neither.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google