Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Uninspired

That's how I've been feeling lately about blogging.

I still spend some time every day reading the people and publications I admire or rely on for information, and there have been several times in the last few weeks where I've thought, "I should blog about that." But I just can't find the motivation, the desire, the passion.

Part of that may be that I've been weighing my blogging hours vs. my work hours, my husband hours and my dad hours, and the latter items (especially the last one) are tipping the scales. Part of it may be that I've been considering my role as a follower of Christ, and feeling the need to spend less time in front of the computer and more investing in peoples' lives.

Call it burnout, perhaps, but I just can't find the internal gumption. I don't find myself thinking of quitting, but for now I'm holding a low profile.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 2/25/2007 9:21 PM, Blogger OregonGuy said…

    Hey, Bubba...don't worry about it.

    You've been up for a couple a years. That's amazing.

    Writing is a habit. My turn to blogging follows thirty years of commercial writing. As I begin to wind down and look for the exit door, I've taken up blogging since, a)this is a long-form I've never tried before, and b)it looked like fun. I've angered a few people and made a couple of people laugh. A pretty good day's work

    Oh, and you're on my personal daily read list.

     
  • At 2/25/2007 10:29 PM, Blogger Ken said…

    Thanks, OG.

     
  • At 2/26/2007 8:57 PM, Blogger T. D. said…

    Opinion writing, like life, goes in waves (if it's not your profession).

    It seems to me that you've got your priorities right.

    The blog should be fun--sharing your thinking with others.

    Life is too short to beat yourself up over this. Take the time off and enjoy it.

    Meanwhile, your regular readers will be happy whenever the muse returns.

     
  • At 3/04/2007 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ken:
    Amid your burn out.
    Yhought you might take a look at this.
    Maybe this will inspire you to blog on it.

    Hello All:
    Thought you would want to see the latest buzz about the Restore America Conference.
    Unfortunately it's not favorable


    http://nwrepublican.blogspot.com/2007/03/restore-america-conference-through-eyes.html

     
  • At 3/15/2007 11:20 PM, Blogger Joubert said…

    It happens to me every couple of months as regular as clockwork. That's when I take a break from politics and write whatever I feel like - including God if I want. It's more natural to sing praises than to criticize all the time which is basically what political blogging is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google