Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's inconceivable to me...

that there are millions of people in this country who have watched every second of every episode of American Idol.

My wife and daughter picked up the habit last season, and I watched most of it because of that, but I missed the early auditions. After watching the last couple of weeks, I now know that was a blessing, because I'm quite certain I've lost several million brain cells as a result of watching people like this:















I realize that the show deliberately picks the most whacky people because it makes good TV, but what is it about this show that brings out such lunacy? And what is it about this show that makes the television-watching public want to endure such ear-splitting drivel?

It must be the legendary inability for people to turn away from a train wreck. They just have to watch. But the collective intelligence of the American public is dropping with every episode.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google