Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ted Wheeler for Multnomah County Chair

Out on the east edge of the world, Troutdale City Councilor Robert Canfield is endorsing Wheeler to supplant Diane Linn as the chairman of the Multnomah County Commission. And it's no wonder. Considering the many stupid things Linn has done over the last four years, it's a wonder that anyone plans to vote for her.

Canfield lists several reasons why Linn has to go -- including the gay marriage back-room dealing, the "get-paid-twice-for-a-snow-day" debacle and the Wapato Jail mismanagement (most of which really should fall on the entire commission's shoulders) -- but here's my favorite:
Her junior high school non-relationship with her fellow County Commissioners.
And, I might add, her fellow county commissioners (with the exception of Lonnie Roberts) aren't exactly grown-ups, either.

Sometimes I'm sad I don't live in Portland so I could vote on things like this and the many disgusting candidates and decisions made by the city. But then I take a deep breath and realize (again) my good fortune that I can view them from afar without allowing them to raise my blood pressure 30 points.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/08/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger MAX Redline said…

    Sadly, Wheeler appears to be cut from the same bolt of cloth as Linn when it comes to policy. Perhaps his greatest strength is that of approach: he seems to be more inclined to actually work with others than has been the case with Linn.

    In any case, Linn has to go; she's proven repeatedly that she's unfit for the job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google