Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

San Diego fires

I just read that more than half a million people in San Diego County (my mom among them) are under evacuation orders due to the many fires in Southern California. And that's not even counting the fires in the Los Angeles area.

That's like telling every man, woman and child in Portland to pack up and move. With less than 24 hours' notice.

Please say a prayer for those folks, and for the firefighters who are pushing themselves to exhaustion to save homes and lives.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2007 8:44 AM, Blogger K T Cat said…

    If you're interested, I've got some good maps of the fire locations on my blog. I've got colleagues at SDSU who are tracking the fires and are doing a great job.

    http://ktcatspost.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google