Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Counting the chickens?

Mitt Romney needs to stop worrying so much about what Hillary Clinton is doing, and worry more about telling me why I should vote for him instead of supporting Fred Thompson or Rudy Guiliani (or even Mike Huckabee or Duncan Hunter).

When Romney goes to the effort to criticize Clinton (or any other Democrat) in September 2007, his arrogance -- that he expects to be the Republican presidential nominee -- starts to show.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9/22/2007 2:55 PM, Blogger T. D. said…

    I'm not a Romney backer (at least at this point), but isn't that a common nomination campaign tactic?

    If I remember right, Ronald Reagan attacked the policies of Jimmy Carter in his bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 1980.

     
  • At 9/22/2007 11:02 PM, Blogger Ken said…

    I think they all do it to a certain extent -- see Fred Thompson's comments about Hillary Care as an example -- but my perception is that Romney is making a point to criticize Hillary whenever possible. And for someone who is in fourth place in some polls, I don't think he has the standing to worry about Hillary. There are actually some things I like about Mitt, but he needs to worry about Fred & Rudy, and he needs to worry about telling me why he's a better nominee than them.

     
  • At 9/29/2007 9:33 AM, Blogger MAX Redline said…

    I can't see Mitt making any headway. As you note, the man needs to explain just what sets him apart from Rudy and Fred. That's his only job right now. He can criticize Mrs. Clinton all he wants - AFTER the primaries.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google