Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Quote of the Day from Instapundit

aka Glenn Reynolds, who lives in Tennessee:
As I mentioned before, the Republicans don't really deserve my vote -- though as [GOP Senate candidate] Bob Corker hasn't been in Washington that's not really his fault -- but nonetheless the Democrats have blown it again. Not long ago I was thinking that a Democratic majority in Congress wouldn't be so bad; but the sexual McCarthyism from the pro-outing crowd, coupled with the Dems' steadfast refusal to offer anything useful on national security, has convinced me that they just don't deserve a victory with those tactics. That's not [Democrat Senate Candidate Harold] Ford's fault, either, really. But I just don't think the Democrats are ready for a majority right now. We'll see how many other voters agree.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/23/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger I am Coyote said…

    Great post Ken.

    You have had a couple of these and I have been meaning to do a compilation and link to them but just have not had time.

    Anyway you could compile them into one post? I remember the Reagan post. You know... Where it is your DUTY to vote Republican... and I think there was one just before or after it... I think it was a Noonan story?

    The Republicans have been VERY wanting of late and I am really on the verge of giving them just one more chance. Not because they deserve it but because the Democrats are just plain worse.

    If the Dems were to nominate someone not so scary in '08 then the Republicans had better look out.

    They have two years to get their act together.

    After all my life and standing is dictated by a higher power than politics. I don't rely on them to make sure I am fed and clothed. I think that if need be, ravens would bring me food before a Republican politician would...

    yip yip

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google