Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

How is this news?

From today's Oregonian:
A Portland lawyer suspects that federal authorities executed warrantless searches of his Lloyd Center office to collect information about a client who is the subject of an international terrorism investigation.

Tom Nelson, who represents Saudi national Soliman al-Buthi, previously filed a complaint that alleged warrantless interception of phone and e-mail communications between al-Buthi and his other lawyers.

"We allege in our complaint not only that they intercepted communications without a warrant, but they used the interceptions to the disadvantage of the client," Nelson said.
That's the first three paragraphs. Skip down to the end and read the final paragraph:
"I have no proof the government's doing these things," he said. "I just have a very healthy suspicion they are."
I suspect the government is secretly -- without a warrant to get into my backyard -- taking cat food from my cat's bowl; after all, I put out much more food than the cat can eat, and the next morning, it's all gone. I only have one cat. It must be the government. I don't have any proof, but I have a healthy suspicion.

When can I expect the news media to write about my scandal?

1 Comments:

  • At 3/21/2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And David Letterman is sending them coded messages through the television every night!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google