Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The RNC version of the $200 toilet seat?

I received a lovely questionnaire in the mail a few days ago from the Republican National Committee, asking my thoughts on a variety of security, economic, educational and social issues. I felt so important, because it said I was chosen as a representative sample of my fellow Republicans!

And oh, by the way, could I send a generous contribution to the RNC so it could send out more such questionnaires and expand the number of GOP candidates throughout the nation? If you can't support the RNC, could you at least send $11 to cover the costs of tabulating your survey?

So, feeling very important, I filled out the survey, except for the donation part. I also enclosed this note:
Dear Republican National Committee,

Thank you for asking my opinion. Your questionnaire is enclosed. Please note that I have not enclosed any funds. There are two reasons for this:

1) I cannot risk any money going to Lincoln Chaffee’s reelection campaign;

2) If it costs you $11 to tabulate an 18-answer questionnaire, you need to reexamine your costs. That sounds too much like a $200 toilet seat.

Thank you.
Eleven dollars to tabulate an 18-answer questionnaire. No wonder Congress doesn't understand the fuss over earmarks and deficits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google