Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A fight well worth waging

Two weeks ago, I wrote about my concern regarding the potential nomination of Alberto Gonzales to the Supreme Court. Part of my post said:
Regardless of the nomination, the Senate will be a war zone -- the Democrats have already said so. So why waste this fight on a nominee who the left will attempt to block, and the right will refuse to embrace because of questionable positions? If there's a fight to be had, then at least nominate someone worthy of fighting for.
Well, I'm happy to report that George W. Bush has nominated someone worth fighting for in John Roberts. Much remains to learn about Roberts' record, but from what I know at this point, I couldn't say it better than Shannen Coffin on National Review:
If there is to be a fight, it will be a fight well worth waging. Our Constitution and our nation will be better off with John Roberts on the Court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google