Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Quote of the Day

OK, it's not really from today. It's from the 2003 confirmation hearings of John Roberts for the DC Circuit Court of Appeals, as reported on FoxNews.com. Here's Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), speaking to Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) on some of Schumer's questions to Roberts:
Some I totally disagree with. Some I think are dumbass questions, between you and me. I am not kidding you. I mean, as much as I love and respect you, I just think that's true.
Surprised, Schumer asked if he heard the chairman correctly, to which Hatch said yes. Schumer asked Hatch if he would like to "revise and extend his remark," congressional speak for change his mind. Hatch's response:
No, I am going to keep it exactly the way it is. I mean, I hate to say it. I mean, I feel badly saying it between you and me. But I do know dumbass questions when I see dumbass questions.
Any guesses on how the confirmation hearings will go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google