Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Another interesting Dorchester observation

Jay at MAX Redline, noting my post from last night, makes another interesting observation that's worth passing along:
One thing that I noticed during the debate was a hint of potential alliance:

Early in, Kevin mentioned that his experience, coupled with Jason's drive and creativity, would be a great combination for the state. Toward the end, Jason noted that when he was really having a down time, it was Kevin who opened the door to his Senate office, walked in, sat down, and asked, "What can I do to help?"

I sensed great opportunity then, and sense it now.
I may not think Kevin Mannix can win the governership, but that shows some class. It gives me hope that Gully's prediction will play out, to the benefit of Atkinson as well as the state.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/07/2006 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A couple of weeks back a well placed friend in the Mannix campaign hinted we (I am an Atkinson volunteer) might be working together soon (as in before the primary). At the time I thought he was under the deluded impression that Atkinson might drop out and get behind Mannix...

     
  • At 3/08/2006 4:40 PM, Blogger MAX Redline said…

    Well, as I noted, Kevin was doomed after the debate. Now, he's still running, but with a decided limp.

    As I listened to the tone of the debate, I think that Kevin and Jason have some common ground. Certainly not all for one and one for all; they have very different perspectives.

    But Ron is so far to the left, it's hard to see what could be gained by forging an alliance over there.

    It will be interesting to see what transpires.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google