Upper Left Coast

Thoughts on politics, faith, sports and other random topics from a red state sympathizer in indigo-blue Portland, Oregon.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ted Kennedy makes me laugh

He just got done asking a 10-minute question about the voting rights act, to which John Roberts gave an answer of less than one minute.

Kennedy's response: You just gave an "extensive answer" to my question, but I heard in there what I wanted to hear.

If that was an "extensive answer," I can't think of an appropriately-descriptive adjective to categorize Kennedy's question. Even when Kennedy noted he had 35 seconds left and wanted an answer to another question, he still talked for another 30.

I will say, however, that Sen. Kennedy was much less abrasive today. He seemed to get the message from yesterday that he was rude in his frequent interruptions of John Roberts. You could see he wanted to interrupt Roberts in the worst way on several occasions, but he showed remarkable restraint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
 
Google